Thursday 17 February 2011

Get Picky and use up the stash

If you end up here from the blog hop- sorry- try HERE instead!


but these LOS do use my COunterfeit Kit kit


I really love the idea behind Get Picky- that you need to get more than one photo on a LO- this week I used their sketch twice- each one a little different

This one uses five tiny ( and very bad ) photos of Nancy which is why it is called "Picture Imperfect" I love the colour combination of pink and aqua and a few more of my handmade flowers! 130/365
It was Arthur's birthday this week so I printed off some pogo prints todat and whipped up this. I tend to do a very simple birthday LO every year with the birthday cake picture and the title "Turning..." this year it is "Turning 6" 129/365

Both LOs use the same sketch and here it is

And both LOs use up some of the kit I made for Counterfeit Kits- they have the idea that we have enough stash to make our own kits that are similar to all the kits you can buy if we just use our imagination.- then they give you inspiration to use it here

You can see my original kit here

And if you haven't yet hop over to Scrapbookers Anonymous and have a go at their latest challenge- they want you to use up some Xs from your stash in whatever way you can

10 comments:

  1. Great layouts. I really like them both. Love the combo of aqua and pink too.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same sketch...two completely different layouts! Love them both. The pink & aqua is a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fanatastic layouts Karen :):):) I love how you've interpreted the sketch on both layouts and showed such creativity in using it in different ways. Thanks so much for joining us and sharing your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice! I especially love the pops of color on the black and white one!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts! I really like your flowers on the first one, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job using up your stash! And I love those handmade flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a great job! I love that crossword-like paper...very cute!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Counterfeit kit has really boosted my mojo this week...I can't believe it! Love your layouts, especially using polka dots on polka dots!

    ReplyDelete