Saturday 6 November 2010

a song, a poem and a recipe

A recipe

This is for the American Crafts recipe challenge. The picture is of the first Christmas pudding I made using my Nan's recipe that she snipped out of the paper in 1954.

It is a bitter sweet moment when I get out the christmas pudding recipe. I still use the recipe in my Nan's hand writing which makes me sad but also pleased to be carrying on from where she left off.

Products- American crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas. Two old American Crafts papers from Merrymint and the range before that. Thickers and a Dear Lizzy Spring stamp

Oh by the way does everyone know what a Christmas pudding is? I spent last night trying to explain Christmas pudding and Christmas cake to various foreign friends, French, German and American, they couldn't understand a steamed pudding in a pudding bowl!

( I made the pudding today- after soaking the fruit for 24 hours- I steamed it today for 7 1/2 hours!)

I made my Christmas cake today as well - 5 hours in the oven- guess who didn't get out of the house today!


A song

From Scrapping the Music. THe song is keep the faith from BOn Jovi. I chose the line YOu know your gonna live through the rain. Which I shrunk to through the rain to fit with a very old picture i HAD OF sTANLEY TRUDGING THROUGH THE RAIN WITH HIS UMBRELLA. (OOPS caps lock) . tHE PICTURE IS FROM 2005 when we took a trip on the Settle Carlisle Railway.
A poem

For the scrap that peotry challenge. The poem is Robbie Burns "My love is like a red red rose". I chose the line "My bonie Lass " but I had to modernise the spelling. I also added my take on red roses to fit with the title of the poem.


9 comments:

  1. Karen, love your entry for Scrap that poetry!
    Just perfect :)

    Cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful entry Karen for Scrap That Poetry....just adore the roses. Your other LOs are lovely too.....mmmm Christmas Pudding (not long to wait now!) and Bon Jovi....some of my favourites!
    Thanks for joining in the STP challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful Karen! Love that Christmas pudding and so precious because of your Nan's handwriting! Our English teacher at school explained us the Christmas pudding, it takes a long time making it doesn't it?
    Love your rain photo, goes so good with those lyrics! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all of your layouts here Karen! Your scrapping The Music one is just awesome! I love the photo and how all of your elements flow across the page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at STM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen thanks for playing along at Scrap that Poetry your entry is just divine, so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhhh these are JUST AWESOME Karen!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWW! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Scrapping the Music! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Karen - you are this week's winner at Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen your layouts are so simple and lovely, I adore your style! Thanks for playing along at Scrap That Poetry!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous... I just love both creations... STP and STM.... congrats on winning STM... thanks for playing along with both of our challenges!

    ReplyDelete