Wednesday 10 November 2010

Design dollie crazy

The design Dollies have two challenges at the moment that link together really well. Their colour challenge is to use, royal blue, blue, white and black, and the other challenge is to make something cold. So the top LO here is to do with cold and the bottom one is for the colour challenge but actually the top one has used the colours as well ( if you count the colour of the photo as the black)

On the top one I glimmer misted over the foam snow flakes to make my background, then turned them over and stuck them on randomly to create a snowfall effect. Oh and the sparkle snow flakes are there because the challenge asked for some sparkle.
This LO show Arthur playing in the fountains at the Alnwick Garden in Northumberland. I thought the colours of the photo looked great with the colour challenge. I love to use up old paper to- this is some American crafts metropolitan

3 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous, Karen :) I love the misting/masking in your first one, and the little stapled detail too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the depth that having the misted snowflakes as well as the paper ones - adds wonderfully to the Lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages Karen! I LOVE the misted snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with the Dollies!

    ReplyDelete