Tuesday 18 January 2011

Sassafraslass

This sheet of Sassafraslass inspired me to make a LO of my Nan's war years ( partly because of the date on the ephemera on the paper).

I loved this paper when I saw it and wondered how I could make it work because, although it is gorgeous, its flat!(IYKWYM)

So I cut out the ephemera bits and added some of my own to give it a bit more texture- I added a vintage postcard of my own and a vintage stamp some buttons and punched out shapes

My Nan joined the WAAF (airforce) in WWII when she was conscripted to join - she was given a choice and went with the airforce because she thought the colour of the uniform suited her better- this photo is of her and some of the other girls she was stationed with- she's second from the right on the back row looking glamorous despite the uniform



43/365

1 comment:

  1. What a great story and a wonderful photo! I love this paper with it - very colorful, yet understated so the picture is the star!

    ReplyDelete