Tuesday 8 March 2011

using my kit

I got started using my counterfeit kit today. I took the plunge and cut into my beloved piece of Hambly gold and brown wood grain paper- and made two LOs for two challenges (well not quite)

1. I made this one for the Sketchy Thursday April guest Designer challenge ( and then realised they asked for spring colours! LOL) - I might enter it anyway! It's Nancy deciding she didn't want to be photographed in traditional Dutch costume

2. I made this one for Punky Scraps- the had a recipe this week
distressing- well I ripped a piece of paper
misting- yes
black and white photo- yes
sparkle- the letters are glittered and
flowers- I punched out some flower shapes
( I didn't even need to use all of the ingredients- so if tearing my paper doesn't count- hey it doesn't matter)

17 comments:

  1. Great job! Good luck on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts! I love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layouts. They are so elegant in their simplicity.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow super LOs I love them both

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome paper. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout and your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These layouts are fabulous!
    Love the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! love these layouts! don't you hate parting with a beloved scrap supply? im such a hoarder when it comes to products i love...kinda cancels out the reason for buying them!

    thanks for playing along with us at punky scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fantastic layouts!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. The neutral backgrounds really make those photos pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That gold wood grain paper is gorgeous!!! i would have hoarded it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pages!! Both of them have beautiful colors and elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your style, great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! love those layouts!! i feel the same about my hambly stuff :(
    Especially love the 2nd one!! It's beautiful!!
    Have a great day adnd thanks for being patient about your prize! :) :) :)
    Nat xox

    ReplyDelete