Monday 28 March 2011

Counterfeit Blog Hop March

Hello and welcome to the Counterfeit Kit blog hop for March- if you are here by accident you might want to go back to the beginning and start here- if not welcome!

THe blog hop this month is about Scraplifting yourself using the kit created for the original Counterfeit Kit challenge- the idea was to copy the latest sold out Studio calico kit- and then gut using it-

This is my kit- i just used what I already had- I bought nothing extra ( but later in the month i did buy a bee stamp inspired by the Studio CAlico kit-




Anyway onto my Scraplifting- I actually did two LOs- the first was inspired by this Lo because of the tags which I had in my kit ( sorry about the uncropped picture - something wwird happening with Picassa)
This is what I made-they both actually have the same title- can you see it too?- I look at this picture of me with my Mum and i think of how much I llok like my second son
This was my second LO the first LO is about Nancy being left handed-On the scraplifted LO I swapped the side of the shape- again I used an old photo from the 70s as I thought it fitted well with my papers- this photo is from the day in 1979 that I started school for the first time- my fifth birthday- but the photo is of my younger sister playing in the snow
I hope you like them- thanks for stopping by- please leave a comment so I know you've been

Next stop on the hop is Marlynn over at Mar's Scraps- find it here

14 comments:

  1. Super job! Love the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tag one I did a LO with tags placed like that too. the shaped one with all its 'white space' I think is great I do love white space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

    - Jessica
    Counterfeit Kit DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice layouts. I like how you made your pictures brown to match you layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both fab scraplifts - I'd seen the handwriting page before and loved it, but the scraplift really rings the changes - I love how you've used brown for a cold page - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one with the double tags - love the design and the colours and the layering. I love scraplifting and it's so much fun to see how you are all doing this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. These layout are beautiful, Karen! The colors are very vintage-they look great with your photos! I also love your accents-the camera, the bikes-everything works so well. Great scraplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are way cute!! Like the way to shifted things a bit to make it all fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your pages! Great job scraplifting yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these vintage layouts! Especially the one of you and your mom! And Artuhur does look alot like you... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great scraplifts! Love your use of the tags and the lettering background on your LH layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you tied the tags together. Totally cute! The ABC die cut paper is something I need to find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed both designs so much and would love to scraplift them too

    ReplyDelete