Monday 4 April 2011

last Glee club

The Soul Scrappers Glee Club has reached its final week- and this week it's back to something I know about- Golden Oldies in particular Buddy Holly- I spent my teenage years rebelling by listening to Buddy Holly and other music from the 50 and 60s and 70s- i wore the clothe too - platform shoes, wing collars, and lots of vintage polyester!

Anyway I chose the song title everyday as my inspiration and used this old photo of my Grandad- helpfully my Nan had written 1986 on the back- he loved to sit in the sun- just inside the shed door meant he was out of the wind but had the full sun on him- it was his favourite place to sit. Even in chilly weather he could be found there when the racing wasn't on (as long as it was sunny)

to tie in with the 50s feel I used some Sassafras paper that looks to me like 50s fabric

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout! Love the mix of papers...looks like vintage fabric indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture to find! Love the colors on this layout! And what you did with the cloud is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great papers and love the photo of your Grandad, I just love old family photo's.xxxx

    ReplyDelete