Monday 25 April 2011

faces in the crowd

I decided to print off a huge copy of this photo for the sketch from the SEI blog. It's a picture of an outing ( probably to the horse racing) of the people from our village in about 1959- in the picture a large number of faces from my childhood that I can't remember the names of now but also a large number of my family- in there is my Mum, Nan, Grandfather, Great Grandmother, tow of my Nan's Sisters and my Great Uncle Arthur.

I love that the photo is so rooted in the fifties- look at that bus- a real charabanc and the ladies are all in pretty flowered frocks ( please ignore the pint glasses in their hands)

3 comments:

  1. :) Such a cool picture! Great paper choice and perfect title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! the picture is awesome. I agree with Lea, great color and paper choice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo, love the papers and colours you've put with it.xxx

    ReplyDelete