Thursday 28 July 2011

Counterfeit blog hop July

Hello- welcome to the latest instalment of the Counterfeit kit blog hop- if you need to go back to the beginning click here


The challenge for this months blog hop was flower power- a creative way to use flowers on a LO- well maybe mine isn't really creative but I found the tutorial for these flower rosettes on Pinterest ( and I pass my version of the instructions on to you below)



The LO- my kit had a lot of yellow and black in that I wasn't using- so I punched my circles out of those papers- with the teal buttons on the black they flowers matched perfectly with some recent photos of the circus that visited our town ( actually it was on our street)


Here's a close up of the flowers

And here's how to make them



1. punch out four scalloped circles from paper- double sided papers look best as you can see the reverse side

2. fold all of the circles in half

3. overlap the halved circles- each half has to go over and under another half

4. stick a button in the middle



your next step on the hop is here at the fabulous Milissa's ( hope this works ok- I am trying to send this from a dodgy wi-fi connection while on holiday- apoligies if it doesn't work.)


17 comments:

  1. Those a lovely flowers - I'm sure I have a scalloped circle die somewhere - off to try.

    Love your page - super stylish without fuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a fantastic job on the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. these rosette flowers are great - so easy but look so good. I will definitely be trying these - thanks! Great layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of this layout! Perfect arrangement and the flowers are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers!!! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great flowers - I like that they're not super girly, if that makes sense.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page - love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. great layout, very stylish! The flowers are great too, I like the texture to them

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is great-I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous LO!! I was deciding between showcasing these "box flap" flowers and the ones I ended up showing... glad I didn't do the same as you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your circus layout! Elephants are my favorite animal. Your flowers are gorgeous, and what a great way to use patterned paper on your layout without becoming overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a huge fan of your beautiful design and the white space. And I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These flowers look very pretty and easy to make...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great way to use some of your papers you had still hanging around. The layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great flowers - that layout really pops. I'm pinning it for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous flowers, and that yellow and black LO rocks too.

    ReplyDelete