Monday 7 November 2011

another kit another month

When I looked at the kit chosen for Counterfeit Kit this month I realised i had almost all of the papers that the kit contained! But the papers are new and I didn't really want to use them in my kit so instead I went through my older papers to replicate the kit
the three main colours of the kit are pale blue, orange and brown so I found myself a palette of papers using  the same colours including some American Crafts, Studio Calico, Brenda Pinninck, Anna Griffin, October Afternoon and Basic grey
Embellishments are my weak point so I pulled out the basics, tags, butterflies, some label stickers, bingo cards and Jillibean report cards


This is the original kit
November 2011 Home Sweet Home Kit

11 comments:

  1. LOL - it looks like nobody wanted to include pink in their version of the Home Sweet Home kit - well done for using up old stash rather than using the exact papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a nice kit well done on using old instead of the new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kit - the colours are great - I also like the look of those report cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love your kit. Beautiful colors and awesome embellishments so far! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have a yummy kit to play with this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you made your own kit with some of your stash instead of using the new items from the kit. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from adding them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the browns and blues, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That makes me laugh! I do the same thing, if I see that I have a sheet that is in the inspiration kit, I'll opt to find something else (unless its a kit from last year that we're counterfeiting). I love what you did from your old stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for using up the older stash first - you've got some lovely patterns there. And like you, sometimes, I find that picking the embellishments is the hardest part - and then actually using what embellishments I picked is even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE the lighter blue in your kit...you kit looks like a wash of autumn trees with the beautiful blue autumn sky above it...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. using up my older stash is usually my main objective for making up these kits, so I'm right there with you on that one! You've made a really lovely one this month and I love the combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete