Saturday 7 January 2012

Birthday weekend

Just a few photos of my birthday weekend ( well 24 hours in LOndon is not quite a weekend)

they're not in the right order but here you go

an early morning walk before we checked out of the hotel took us past Big Ben, down Whitehall, past Downing Street, a quick view of Trafalgar Square and the banquet House, back across the river and to the London Eye
then it was off to my favourite Museum- the British Museum- a whole Roman temple inside
and they had the London 2012 Olympic Gold medals on show- this is as close as I'm ever going to get
this was the London Eye when we arrived at our hotel on Friday night
and again with the houses of Parliament in the background
and the Eye with our hotel next to it- that lighted window was our room
one of my favourite things at the British Museum has to be the Lewis chess men- they just make me smile
and this is the view from our room- wave at the people in the LOndon Eye- the reflection is me in the window of our room

No comments:

Post a Comment