Tuesday 10 May 2011

Finally got round to it

My counterfeit kit has taken me a while this time- I have a serious lack of embellishments to go with it- it might therefore be a work in progress - went with three colours for my kit- red green and yellow- mostly they are small patterns that i find great to use as a background paper- plus there are some large pattern- including a school flashcard typefor my embellishments I have- well tags and a piece of ribbon- i also have an old German- Portuguese dictionary that I picked up at a book sale for almost nothing that will be used to make some embellishments as we go along- and I have these pages from a children's book that I shall use too

Actually they are not pages from the book- Its a reprint of a 1947 Ali Baba book in French- it was 25c at the book sale but I didn't want to tear it up so I scanned the pages in ( there are more that i haven't scanned yet) and printed them onto mat photo paper

If anyone is interested in having copies I can always e-mail you the j-pegs or if anyone has more know how than me - tell me how to organise some kind of good copy/ download!

13 comments:

  1. Looks a great kit you've put together. I love the sound of using book pages.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you make with your counterfeit kit! And I know you'll end up making some awesome embellies, you always do. And uh,yes, I would love the book page files!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great kits - love the addition of pages in French - very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! I love the book pages

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to see your embellishments that you make, that book is a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey- you put in the stuff that you will use, how great! Can't wait to see what you do with the book pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty kit - those book pages are beautiful! Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soooo curious to see your projects. I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great kit. I find that a mix of pattern sizes works well. I like your more vintage approach to the kids.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the book pages. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great kit - and what a good idea to scan the pages of your book - far better than just ripping it up completely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh...I love that idea of scanning the old book. You clever girl.

    I think you could make some really cute embellies with your supplies.

    You could make tags or paper flowers or....

    Looks good...have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete