Saturday 27 October 2012

More Stamp art work

so here is my latest attempt to make a piece of home decor with stamps

This time I've used stamps of the world inspired by my love of Postcrossing. I photocopied and enlarged a map of the world. Cut out the continents and then glued on stamps in the appropriate areas. this was harder than it sounds. I had to cut down the number of stamps I wanted to use for Europe as the stamps were much bigger than the size of the countries ( in fact I might make another with just Europe) and Russia is far too big- that took a whole load of stamps. It turns out I don't have a stamp from Iceland (or Madagascar) so don't get all picky on me that they are not there ( or wrong) and I had to buy some stamps on Ebay for Greenland but altogether I think it looks OK

No comments:

Post a Comment